WHO WE ARE
This website rise.barclays (the "Rise Website”) is provided by Barclays Execution Service Limited ("Barclays", "we", "us"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 01767080 and have our registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
1. WEBSITE TERMS AND OTHER TERMS
2. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE RISE WEBSITE
We may update and change the Rise Website from time to time. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
3. USE OF THE RISE WEBSITE
The purpose of the Rise website is to:
- Provide an overview about Rise and what it can offer in both its physical locations and online;
- Provide information about the facilities available at each physical Rise location;
- Showcase news content from across the Rise network;
- Show what events have been listed across all physical Rise locations; and
- Provide contact details for each of the physical Rise locations.
BARCLAYS IS NOT OFFERING TO SELL OR SEEKING OFFERS TO BUY ANY PRODUCT OR SECURITY OR ENTER INTO ANY TRANSACTION, AND IS NOT OFFERING OR ARRANGING ANY FINANCING.
4. ACCESSING THE RISE WEBSITE AND ACCOUNTS
While we try to ensure that access to the Rise Website is always available, we do not guarantee that the Rise Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may decide to restrict, suspend or block access to all or part of the Rise Website or any account you may have on the Rise Website without notice and without giving reason.
If possible, we will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension but will not be responsible to you if the Rise Website or any information on it, is unavailable for any reason.
5. NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The Rise Website is provided for general information only and is not intended to provide you with any advice. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action in relation to your business or otherwise on the basis of the content on the Rise Website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Rise Website, we are not obliged to identify to you any information which is not correct, up-to-date or complete, and we are not obliged to rectify it. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Rise Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
Opinions and any other contents on the Rise Website are provided by us and any authorised contributors for personal use and informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice.
Nothing contained on the Rise Website constitutes investment, legal, tax, financial or other advice and is not to be relied on in making any decision and you should always obtain relevant, specific and independent professional advice.
6. THIRD PARTY LINKS
Where the Rise Website contains links to other websites or resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over those websites or resources and are not responsible for any of their content or any. Please also see the Limitation of Liability section below.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Unless otherwise specified, we are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in and to the Rise Website, including all material and content published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
The trade marks (whether registered or not) which we or a member of our group owns include, but are not limited to, Rise, Home of FinTech, BARCLAYS, BARCLAYCARD, the Barclaycard logo and the Eagle logo marks. If you are unsure as to whether any sign or logo is a trade mark owned or licensed by us or a member of our group, please contact us.
8. PERMITTED USE OF THE RISE WEBSITE CONTENT
You may use, download and/or print material from the Rise Website for your own internal purposes and/or personal purposes only provided that:
- You do not modify any downloaded or printed materials;
- You do not use any graphics from any downloadable or printed materials separately from the corresponding text;
- You do not remove copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices from any downloaded or printed materials, or otherwise act in a way to cause or risk causing infringement of our or any third party's intellectual property rights;
- You do not make available, replicate or frame any materials from, or underlying the Rise Website, or use it in such a way as to cause or risk causing confusion or an association as between you or your activities (or a third party and their activities) and us and our activities;
- You do not use any materials from or underlying the Rise Website in such a way as to cause or risk causing harm or detriment to us or our business, brands or activities;
- You do not use any materials or act in a manner so as to associate or risk associating us with any content which is or might be harmful, including without limitation material which is offensive, threatening, obscene, abusive, discriminatory, defamatory, in breach of confidentiality obligations, in breach of privacy, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations; and
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Whether you are a business user or consumer user we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes:
- Our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence; or
- Our liability for fraud or fundamental misrepresentation.
Your access and use of the Rise Website is at your own risk.
If you are a business user:
Neither Barclays nor any of our affiliates will be liable, no matter how liability may be caused, and whether directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused to you or another (including your business) arising from your use or inability to use the Rise Website or in connection with any error, omission, defect, computer virus or system failure including but not limited to loss of income, business, profits, opportunity, contracts, actual or anticipated savings, data, reputation or goodwill, even if expressly advised of the possibility of such loss or damages, arising out of or in connection with the access of, use of, performance of, browsing in or linking to other sites from the Rise Website.
We exclude any express or implied conditions, warranties or representations or other terms to the Rise Website including that any content, information and/or material used or downloaded from the Rise Website will not cause loss or damage to any data or property, such as software or hardware, including but not limited to loss or damage caused by Viruses.
If you are a consumer user:
Please note that we only provide the Rise Website to use as a consumer user for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Rise Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
10. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
While we maintain robust security mechanisms, we cannot guarantee the security of communications sent via the Rise Website or otherwise, information stored on the Rise Website or that the Rise Website is free from bugs or Viruses. Accordingly, we accept no liability for breach of security of any communications sent by you to us using the Rise Website or of any information contained on the Rise Website. Such communications and storage of information are at your and your business's own risk.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Rise Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Rise Website by knowingly introducing Viruses. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Rise Website, the server on which the Rise Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Rise Website. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
11. LINKING TO THE RISE WEBSITE
Provided you comply with the Permitted Use terms above, you may create links to the Rise Website whether via social networks or otherwise, provided that you do not create a frame, browser or other border environment around the website and provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. If you want to do that, contact us for approval at email@example.com.
When you share content in this manner you may also become subject to the terms of those social networks or third party websites. We recommend that you review and familiarise yourself with those terms and we disclaim any liability for your breach of them.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
12. PERSONAL INFORMATION
13. APPLICABLE LAW
NOTE: the Rise Website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
14. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or complaints about this website, please contact Barclays at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated 14 August 2019