Rise member interview
We caught up with Sajil Koroth and Jane Hong at KapitalWise, a Rise New York member.
Where are you located?
We sit on the 6th floor at Rise New York.
Tell us your company’s story
KapitalWise was founded by Sajil Koroth and Paul Stamoulis in 2017.
After receiving the same repetitive postal mail to open a bank account that I wasn’t interested in, I realised that there is a huge gap between the way financial institutions understand their customers and their actual needs. I’ve been in banking for the past 15 years and decided to create a solution to help these same financial institutions engage their customers at the right time when they need financial services the most.
Give us your quick pitch
KapitalWise is a FinTech company that provides client relationship solutions to financial institutions and enables them to increase efficiency and user experience. Our platform analyses data from a variety of sources with the goal of identifying customers’ important life events. We recognise their financial and credit events and help financial institutions engage with customers the moment they need the service the most.
What are your core values and guiding principles?
- Customer-first: We develop relationships that make a positive difference in the way our customers operate.
- Quality of service: We provide outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our customers.
- Integrity: We uphold the highest standards of integrity in all of our actions.
- Teamwork: We work together across boundaries to meet the needs of our customers and to help our company succeed.
- Respect for people: We value our people, encourage their development and reward their performance.
What are you working on right now? What challenges are you facing?
We are working on a card customer engagement platform that would help consumers earn additional rewards and cash backs on every purchase they make.
What strategies have proven most effective for your company while working remotely?
Having the right tools in place is always a strategy that never fails. We also value communicating often and being flexible with our schedules.
What are you most excited about in FinTech?
I am most excited about how the Fintech ecosystem has been maturing in recent times. It’s important to realise that Fintech innovation could not be possible without the right collaboration between startups and incumbents.
Any exciting news you want to share?
We have some exciting changes coming. Get in touch to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for all the latest FinTech news