The FinTech Pledge
Barclays among the first to sign the FinTech Pledge
We’re pleased to announce that Barclays has signed up to the FinTech Pledge – an HM Treasury and banking industry standard to strengthen the UK’s FinTech sector.
Since 2015, Rise, created by Barclays, has focused on building a global community of the best minds in FinTech to disrupt, challenge and confront the way things are done in financial services. By signing the Pledge, this further cements Barclays’ commitment to creating opportunities for FinTech startups and scaleups to innovate and grow through the Rise platform.
What is the FinTech Pledge?
The FinTech Pledge is an industry-wide standard created by the FinTech Delivery Panel (an initiative launched by HM Treasury) and Tech Nation to ensure that the UK is the best place to start and grow a financial technology business.
The Pledge has been signed voluntarily by Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, Natwest Group and Santander who have committed to five key principles:
- Provide clear guidance to technology firms on how the onboarding process works through a dedicated online landing page
- Provide clarity to tech start-up firms on their progress through the onboarding process
- Provide a named contact, guidance and feedback
- Encourage good practice and improvement
- Commit to implementing this process six months from signing this Pledge and providing bi-annual feedback in the first year
Watch this short video of Magdalena Krön, FinTech Platform Director at Barclays Ventures, for her reaction to the Pledge:
We’ll continue to provide updates on this site on how we’re bringing the Pledge to life at Barclays and Rise so watch this space.
Further information about the FinTech Pledge is available on Tech Nation’s website.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for all the latest FinTech news