2019 New York Demo Day
Nine innovative FinTech companies graduate from the 17th Barclays Accelerator
The 2019 New York Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars, program concluded with Demo Day on Friday, December 6, at TheTimesCenter in Midtown Manhattan, after 13 weeks of product development, mentoring and networking. This marks the final of three Accelerator programs that Barclays ran in 2019. The Barclays Accelerator now has over 170 alumni companies and 17 completed classes to date, with a portfolio valued at over US$1.1bn.
The Demo Day showcase kicked off with an investor breakfast, where the graduating companies had the opportunity to meet with approximately 100 venture capital and angel investors. Following the breakfast, the companies pitched their FinTech propositions to an audience of over 350 attendees, including investors, entrepreneurs, industry experts, clients and colleagues. Attendees were provided with an overview of Barclays’ history of innovation, what we’re currently doing in the firm to support and partner with the external FinTech ecosystem, and foster intrapreneurship within the bank. They also had an opportunity to network with the founders and learn more about their businesses.
“This was one of the most impressive classes we’ve seen to date, with companies addressing challenges faced by the financial services industry across sectors including accounting, lending, travel, payments, data and analytics, personal finance and savings, and wealth management,” commented Mariquit Corcoran, Managing Director, Group Innovation. “We are committed to helping these founders succeed beyond the 13-week program, and we’re thrilled that some of them plan on continuing to build and develop their companies at our newly expanded Rise New York site.”
Barclays plays a key role in helping the companies grow, whether it’s connecting them with subject matter experts within the bank, conducting a Proof-of-Concept or completing a follow-on investment. The Accelerator companies will continue to receive ongoing support from the Group Technology and Innovation Office, furthering business opportunities within the Bank, and exploring potential avenues for growth with our clients.
The nine companies of the 2019 New York class of the Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars, are:
- Hubly is building technology to power the future of financial advice.
- Lance gives freelancers a path to financial success.
- Lifesaver empowers young entrepreneurs with financial literacy and matches them to financial institutions in their community.
- Revelio Labs provides an in-depth view into the workforces of companies around the world.
- Swipedom offers businesses credit along with custom AI-powered repayment plans that improve their cash flow.
- Taptrip is a self-serve business travel and expenses platform for small and medium-sized businesses.
- TomoCredit is the next generation credit card designed for people with no credit history or credit score.
- Trio puts your money to work when you don't need it and gives you instant access when you do.
- Vestive allows investors to align their money and values through clear impact reporting and best-in-class returns.
For more details about the Barclays Accelerator, please visit www.barclaysaccelerator.com.