Rise FinTech Insights
Welcome to the May 2020 edition of the newly renamed Rise FinTech Insights, our regular take on the latest trends, topics, successes and happenings in the world of FinTech.
These are strange and challenging times, but we hope that you, your families and communities are staying safe and well. At Rise, we remain focused on building and maintaining a global community of the best minds in FinTech to disrupt, challenge and confront the way things are done in our industry. This edition of Rise FinTech Insights is part of that effort. We hope you enjoy it and we welcome your feedback.
Right now, maintaining the ability to innovate is especially important to startups and scale-ups, which is why we've focused this edition on Open Banking. This is a technology that presents rich opportunities for FinTechs to uncover the potential in banking data and develop new financial products like funding platforms, supplier payment services, credit checks or insurance.
The report was officially launched on Thursday 14 May 2020. To celebrate, we held a virtual launch event, which several contributors from the report attended, including;
- Mike Smith, Chief Product and Technology Officer, Barclays Ventures - Keynote
- John Pitts, Policy lead, Plaid - "Building Blocks of Open Banking"
- Sara Elinson, Principal, Fintech Strategy & Transactions Leader, Ernst & Young LLP - "Open Banking and Regulation"
- Ed Maslaveckas, CEO, Bud - "Data Sharing"
- Nari Ansari, General Partner, TCV - "FinTech VC during COVID-19"
Now more than ever, people are at the heart of what we do, so you’ll also find another important highlight in this edition: news from our Rise site leads around the world, and how they're helping our communities in these times.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for all the latest FinTech news