Rise: Company Spotlight
Take control of your bills now
If you are interested in learning more about ApTap or any other Rise affiliate please get in touch with the Rise team
ApTap is a white label bill management application that sits within your banking app and uses Open Banking to build up a customer profile and track habits across all accounts. (Grey label/Referral, with API Integration options, are also available).
- Analyses customer data by connecting to utility providers through open banking and APIs.
- Tracks the latest market deals/price comparisons.
- Switches contracts seamlessly through the banking app.
- Deals with payment rails.
- Manages user/supplier communications.
Users are issued 24-hour tokens and referenced against unique identifiers via the OAuth 2.0 server whenever the customer logs in or takes an action within the application.
Data is encrypted in-flight and at rest with AES 256-bit encryption. We use MongoDB Atlas deployed on AWS to maintain the highest level of database security.
The production, development and testing environments sit behind MFA and a secure VPN. Only the CTO and head developer can push code to production.
- Simplifies switching to a new service for consumers.
- Provides a single platform to manage all bills and subscriptions.
- Enables user to compare bills to deals on the market.
- Addresses issues causing banks to lose money and market share to neobanks.
- Enables greater utility and possible usage of banking apps by operating through user bank applications.
- Signed TSB Bank (commercial agreement) and launched in April 2021 (5 million customers).
- Signed Network’s flagship platform (Health Service Discounts) and onboarded in August 2021 (2 million customers).
- 50+ partnerships with energy and broadband companies.
- In discussions with all major banks.
- £700k pre-seed round.
- £500k seed round in progress.
Relationship with Barclays
- ApTap started a conversation with Barclays strategy team but closed off after Barclay’s investment in Youtility, a direct competitor.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for all the latest FinTech news