Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which your computer or mobile device downloads when you visit a website. When you return to websites or visit websites that use the same cookies they recognise these cookies and therefore your browsing device.
If you visit our website we deploy these technologies to provide an online service more suited to the device you connect from, as well as to prevent and detect fraud, keeping you secure.
When you visit our website from any device (mobile, tablet or PC), we collect information about your use of this site, such as information about the device or browser you use to access the site (including device type, operating system, screen resolution etc), the way you interact with this site, and the IP address your device connects from.
You may not be able to initiate or complete some activities within our secure online services unless these cookies or similar technologies are installed.
Please note that we may not be able to process certain transactions if you are physically located in certain countries.
- Ensure your security and privacy when in our secure sites
- Store login details for our secure sites
- Temporarily store input information in our calculators, tools, illustrations and demonstrations
- Provide you with ads that are more relevant to you and your interests, and improve our targeting and enhance your journey through our sites and partner sites;
- Improve our understanding of how you navigate through our sites so we can identify improvements
- We use both our own (first-party) and partners’ companies (third-party) cookies to support these activities
Cookies in emails
The type of cookie used on this website is based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide to cookie categories for Strictly Necessary.
The details below relate to the types of cookies used on Barclays.co.uk including its secure area.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential, as they ensure your security and privacy when you use our secure sites, as well as enabling you to move around a website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you’ve asked for (such as access to secure areas) can’t be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
This category cannot be disabled.
What happens to cookies that have been downloaded in the past?
If you've disabled one or more cookie categories, we may still use information collected from existing cookies, but we'll stop using the disabled cookies to gather any further information. You can delete existing cookies from your browser.
Internet Advertising Bureau: Guide to online advertising and privacy
Updated 14 August 2019